Guidance from the AG’s Office about Rent Repayment Plans
Washington state’s Landlord Mitigation Law (RCW 43.31.605) became effective on June 7th of 2018 to provide landlords with an incentive and added security to work with tenants receiving rental assistance. The program offers up to $1,000 to the landlord in reimbursement for some potentially required move-in upgrades, up to fourteen days’ rent loss and up to $5,000 in qualifying damages caused by a tenant during tenancy.
Washington Courts Criminal Record Search
For case searches for the following courts:
Asotin, Columbia, Cowlitz, Franklin, Garfield, Grays Harbor, Klickitat, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Skamania, Snohomish, Thurston, Wahkiakum, Whitman and Yakima Superior Courts.
Beginning in April 2010, a certified renovator, trained by an EPA accredited training provider, MUST be present on projects involving renovation, repair and painting projects subject to the Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) rule. To read the rule in its entirety, you can access it online at https://www.epa.gov/lead/renovation-repair-and-painting-program
If you are planning renovation, you must provide your tenants with a new publication: “Renovate Right.”
The “Protect your Family From Lead in Your Home” pamphlet is still used for the Lead Disclosure Rule. It is used to provide lead awareness information to prospective purchasers or renters of pre-1978 residential properties. This requirement will continue indefinitely, and is regulated by EPA. Download copy pdf files are available in a variety of languages from EPA.
To download a copy of the WARNING sign you are required to post, click here
Please visit these EPA websites for additional lead paint information:
- EPA’s Lead Site: www.epa.gov/lead
- Lead Paint RRP Rule: www.epa.gov/lead/renovation-repair-and-painting-program
- Lead Paint Disclosure Rule: www.epa.gov/lead/real-estate-disclosure
- Find a Lead-Safe Certified Firm: https://cfpub.epa.gov/flpp/pub/index.cfm?do=main.firmSearch
- Apply for Lead-Safe Certification: www.epa.gov/lead/getcertified
- Lead Poisoning Awareness Infographics: www.epa.gov/lead/shareable-infographics-lead-poisoning-awareness
- Report Lead-Based Paint Complaints, Tips and Violations: www.epa.gov/lead/report-lead-based-paint-complaints-tips-and-violations
Procedures for a Trouble-free Tenancy – CLICK HERE
Carbon Monoxide Pamphlet
Click Here to download a document to supply incoming tenants and existing tenants about Carbon Monoxide
Report Suspected Welfare Fraud – Click Here